Thursday, January 28, 2016

Anchor Chart Wall


You spend all that time working on those anchor charts…and then what?

I decided I didn't want to just throw them out once we were done with them...plus they are beneficial if students can look back on them!

I made this huge blank wall at the beginning of the year with an unsure plan for it. 
I have a divider curtain between me and one of my team teachers.  I tried opening it at the beginning of the year and it just wouldn't open.....not that we would have ever opened it during class anyway.  
It is kind of a cushiony wall-sort of like vinyl.  I decided that was the perfect canvas for a huge bulletin board! I looked around a little bit and finally to enough ideas.  I knew I wanted a black background with pops of color.  I started with a plastic tablecloth...used static to hold it up long enough to staple it...but it was so bumpy. 

So I got another tablecloth and tried again...still bumpy!
Then I finally decided to get heavy paper and use it...much better! I ordered pastel borders and BOOM! 



As the school year has progressed I've made many anchor charts and the strands my students seem to struggle with the most I decide to 'anchor' their learning on the back wall.  

First I laminate the anchor chart (I have to cut it in half and laminate it and then tape it back together), then I staple it up with the original 'I can...' statement.  My plan is to switch them out as necessary and since they are laminated they can last even longer.  I will hole punch them and hang them on a slim pocket chart holder I have. 

It really made the room pop having so much up and students do go back and refer to it from time to time.  

What do you do with your anchor charts?

No comments:

Post a Comment